Thursday, August 2 2018
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
Monthly Board Meeting
Thursday, August 2, 2018
7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac, WI
Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of meeting minutes
- Park & Rec. Advisory Council
- Road Dept. Manager’s Report
Review financial reports
- Advanced Disposal – Bulky waste discussion
- Noxious Weed Ordinance
- House Condemnation discussion
- Operator License’s approval
- Shoreland Zoning Discussion
Certified Survey Maps
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments – Act 67
- Jason Guelig rezone
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
August 2, 2018
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the minutes of the July 9, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council:
John Abler stated the course for the Disc Golf club continues to move forward. They cleaned the pine grove, mowed and drilled the holes for the baskets. The cement pads are scheduled to be poured on August 4th or 5th. October 2018 is the goal to have the course open. The Vintage Snowmobile Club and Disc Golf Club will keep communication open so each clubs events are not disrupted. Gravel was placed in the last remaining wet spots in the park.
Road Department Managers Report:
Randy Rieder informed the Board Northeast Asphalt has completed their portion of the roadwork. Scott’s completed the blacktopping & patching work today and will be back in a couple weeks to complete the seal coating. Randy is currently working on mowing weeds along the roads.
Review Financial Reports:
The financial reports (June and July) were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. There is adequate cash to pay the July invoices. The money for the Disc Golf Club is being kept separate as noted under the “current assets” section of the balance sheet. Intergovernmental Revenues were received in July. Snowplowing and street lighting invoices were processed and mailed. The settlement for the July 2018 real estate bills will be received in August. The payroll company did not process Supervisor Gius payroll correctly. His salary was doubled and Treasurer Diederich advised to leave it and not issue him a check during the next pay period due to added costs of correcting & reissuing. Motioned by Tim Simon, second by John Abler to approve the financial report. Motion carried (4-0). Supervisor Gius absent from vote.
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by John Abler to void out #316 (Federal Licensing Inc.) and approve the remaining bills (order #293-339). Motion carried (4-0). Supervisor Gius absent from vote.
- Advanced Disposal – Bulky Waste Discussion: The Board met with Advanced Disposal during a workshop prior to the town board meeting to discuss their contract focusing on the bulky waste pickup. A letter will be sent to all residents clearly stating what will be accepted during the bulky waste pick up in October 2018. Advanced Disposal was instructed by Chairman Thome to leave items not on the list. Advanced Disposal also was instructed and they agreed the items will be picked up within one week. Due to the spring bulky waste being abused an option for 2019 may be to eliminate curb-side pick-up and have a drop off location at the Town Hall. This will be discussed in the fall.
- Noxious Weed Ordinance: Chairman Thome informed the public this was discussed at the workshop prior to the town board meeting. The Town has an ordinance in place to take care of the current issues and will be enforced. The properties that instigated this discussion have cut their lawns. The three noxious weeds are Canadian Thistle, Leafy Spurge and Field Vine Weed.
- House Condemnation Discussion: Building Inspector Paul Birschbach was unable to go to the properties. Discussion postponed to September 10, 2018 Monthly Town Board Meeting.
- Operators License’s Approval: Motioned by John Abler, second by Tim Simon to approve the completed applications. Motion carried (5-0).
- Shoreland Zoning Discussion: Chairman Thome informed the board that Fond du Lac County’s ordinance and Taycheedah’s ordinance regarding Shoreland Zoning Outlots are not uniform. After discussing with Attorney Parmentier and Building Inspector Paul Birschbach, it was advised to mirror Fond du Lac counties ordinance. The Town Board approved to pass this to the Plan Commission for review and discussion.
Certified Survey Maps:
None were presented.
Jason Guelig Rezone: Plan Commission approved to rezone from A-2 to R-2 and moved to Town Board for approval. Motioned by Bill Gius, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the rezone. Motion carried (5-0).
Zoning Ordinance Amendments – Act 67: Plan Commission approved the amendments to the Town’s zoning ordinance regarding the conditional uses allowed in its various zoning districts and the standards for granting conditional use permits. Motioned by John Abler, second by Bill Gius to approve the amendments. Motion carried (5-0).
A resident inquired about raising chickens and the rules. Clerk Marcoe took their contact information and will forward them the information they are seeking.
Supervisor Abler informed the board Fond du Lac County is working on doing an inventory of the tornado sirens. During the inventory it was discovered the towns siren located by the gas station in the Village was unplugged. Fond du Lac County will look into locking/securing the box to eliminate future tampering which may incur a small fee.
ATV Ordinance: Vic Moyer presented the ordinance drafted by Supervisor Abler. This is a draft proposal only. Each section was reviewed and discussed along with suggestions. The board members will review more in detail and discuss during the September 10, 2018 meeting. A resident inquired how will the residents be notified of the routes. Chairman Thome informed everyone the notices are posted in the paper, on the website and the meetings are open to the public.
Motion to adjourn by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe