Application for Employment
Monday, July 9 2018
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
Monthly Board Meeting
Monday July 9, 2018
7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac, WI
Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of meeting minutes
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council
• Road Dept. Manager's Report
Review financial reports
• Approval of Town Bills
1. House Moving Permit - Dale Duemer Willow Lane
2. Road Closure Permit - Tommy J's, August 4, 2018
3. Advanced Disposal - Contract and Service Discussion
4. ATV Proposed Trails
5. Operators License's approval
6. Noxious Weed Ordinance - Discuss Town of Eldorado's Grass Ordinance
7. House Condemnation Discussion
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
July 9, 2018
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Tim Simon to approve the minutes of the June 11, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated the course for the disc golf is moving forward with a possibly completed in September/October 2018. Brush cutting and improvements continue in Kiekhaefer Park. Immel Insurance will be contacted regarding volunteers (specifically the one who is operating the brush cutting machinery) being covered under the Town’s liability insurance.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board mowing was completed. Northeast Asphalt will start their awarded work in the town this week.
Review Financial Reports:
The financial reports were not available. Treasurer Kathy Diederich will present the financials during the August 2, 2018 Monthly Town Board Meeting. There is adequate cash to pay the June 2018 invoices. Clarification regarding the disc golf clubs money was briefly discussed. Treasurer Diederich indicated she is keeping track of the debits and credits to assure it balances.
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Bill Gius to approve the bills (order #260-292). Motion carried (5-0).
- House Moving Permit: Dale Duemer supplied the Board Members with detailed maps, pictures, timeline, COI and land use permit by FdL County. Dale owns two lots side-by-side on Willow Lane Beach Road. He requests the approval of moving the house on N9244 to N9248 Willow Beach Road. No roads will be crossed. Building Inspector Paul Birschbach will look at the properties. The garage is not in compliance with the town’s ordinance regarding out-lots. The lot size was in question and additional information is needed for this approval. Motioned by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the moving of the residence. Motion carried (5-0).
- Road Closure Permit – Tommy J’s: Tom Mashock submitted an application along with a detailed map to request Hwy Q & W closed in front of Tommy J’s Bar. Traffic will be rerouted to Loehr Street. Closure is requested from 10 a.m. August 4 to 10 a.m. August 5, 2018. Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Tim Simon to approve the road closure permit. Motion carried (5-0).
- Advanced Disposal Discussion: Chairman Thome informed everyone on June 28, 2018 a letter was written to Advanced Disposal regarding their services and contract. Numerous complaints were received regarding bulky waste and the schedule of completing its collection. Advanced Disposal representatives Jason Johnson and John Leair were in attendance. Jason informed the board members that 92 tons of material was collected in June. A large portion of this material was recyclable materials. Discussion of residents abusing the service by advertising on Facebook to family and friends to bring out their garbage, bagged or not bagged garbage, timing of trucks – they have from 6 am – 6 pm for pick up, trucks handling containers and who is responsible if containers are broke. Advanced is responsible for containers. Chairman Thome inquired about eliminating bulky waste. Jason has some ideas and suggestions regarding bulky waste. A meeting with Advanced will be scheduled to discuss further. August 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
- ATV Proposed Trails: Vic Moyer supplied the board members with a map of the proposed ATV/UTV routes within the Town of Taycheedah. Discussion included speed limit, visibility of ATV’s, subdivision access and safety, ATV’s design for road use, signage, 2017 Act 87 Section 23 and the approvals needed to pass. If the town approves, FdL County investigates the proposed routes prior to their approval. Once approved by FdL County they place the signs and invoice the ATV club. Tower Road is not included on the proposed routes due to the hills and intersections. County Road Q & QQ intersection to Hwy 151 was also omitted due to truck traffic and safety. The town will have the ability to make any changes after approval. Supervisor John Abler will research the 2017 WI Act 87 regarding the 35mph speed limit. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Bill Gius to give tentative approval of the proposed routes to move to the county level and confirm the expenses will not funded by town residents. Motion carried (4-1).
- Operators License’s Approval: Motioned by John Abler, second by Bill Gius, to approve the completed applications. Sharon Sabel and Jessica Reifsnyder rejected due to incomplete application. Motion carried (5-0).
- Noxious Weed Ordinance: Chairman Thome asked the board to review the Town of Eldorado’s Grass Ordinance and possibly adopt a similar ordinance. Concerned residents in the vicinity of Tom Schmitz house were in attendance and voiced their frustration. Chairman Thome motioned to set up a workshop for the ordinance discussion, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). The workshop will be held on August 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
- House Condemnation Discussion: Building Inspector Paul Birschbach was unable to go to the properties. Discussion postponed to August 2, 2018 Monthly Town Board Meeting.
- Certified Survey Maps: None were presented.
Motion to adjourn by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe