Monday, May 14 2018
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
Monthly Board Meeting
Monday, May 14, 2018
7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac, WI
Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of meeting minutes
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council
• Road Dept. Manager's Report
Review financial reports
• Approval of Town Bills
1. Board of Appeals Appointments
2. Plan Commission Appointments
3. Ashberry Avenue Discussion
4. Implements of Husbandry (IOH) Appointment
5. Taycheedah Zoning Ordinances compliance with Act 67
6. Bathrooms in Town Hall
7. Liquor License Renewal - Pamela's Bar & Grille
8. Operator Licenses
a. Joseph Wilson
b. Joseph Blackburn
c. Jessica Nash
d. Pamela Burmeister
9. Salute the Troops half marathon
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
May 14, 2018
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also, present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler to approve the minutes of the April 9, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated a Park and Rec meeting was held in April. During the meeting there were discussions regarding the disc golf start-up and a presentation by one of their representatives, more gravel needed in the old railroad right of way in the park and minor maintenance at Hermanns Park. Further discussions about exploring the idea of placing web camera's in the parking lot of Kiekhaefer Park. Stone was placed on Deadwood Point beach and the Kiekhaefer Park work day was cancelled due to the grounds being too wet. A portable toilet needs to be ordered and delivered to Hermanns Park.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board sod is fixed and currently patching blacktop. A proposal for $757.00 was received for finishing the outside concrete step along the building. Area Asphalt submitted a proposal to finish up last year's culvert work on Gladstone and Blue Gill. This consists of two (2) driveways and fixing a patch. St. Peter's Church parking lot sunk down in the Southeast corner where the Sanitary Sewer went through. Water is pooling in this area causing problems with the blacktop. Chairman Thome asked the Board Members to look at this area and will further discuss at the June 2018 meeting.
Review Financial Reports:
The financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. There is adequate cash to pay the April invoices. The money borrowed for the road maintenance was paid off in April. Revenues received; lottery credit and State Transportation Aid. April carries big expenses including election workers, wages and the installment for Bowmar Appraisals for the assessment. Treasurer Diederich is finishing up Form C which is due May 15, 2018. Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the financial report. Motion carried (5-0).
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Bill Gius, second by John Abler to approve the bills (order #177-228). Motion carried (5-0).
1. Board of Appeals Appointments: Chairman Thome recommended the following residents to re-appoint to the Board of Appeals:
John Buechel 3-year citizen member term expires 2021
Mark Gulig 1-year citizen member term expires 2019
John Rickert 1-year citizen member term expires 2019
Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Bill Gius to make the above-noted appointments. Motion carried (5-0).
2. Plan Commission Appointments: Chairman Thome recommended the following residents to re-appoint to the Plan Commission:
Leon Schneider 3-year citizen member term expires 2021
Joan Simon 1-year citizen member term expires 2019
Bud Sabel 1-year citizen member term expires 2019
Joe Thome 1-year board member term expires 2019
Brian Costello 1-year citizen member term expires 2019
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by John Abler to make the above-noted appointments. Motion carried (5-0)
3. Ashberry Avenue Informational Discussion: Chairman Thome gave a brief timeline regarding the history of Ashberry Avenue. Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder informed the board a letter from Mark Fett was received indicating his intentions to start the work this year. Numerous residents attended the meeting with questions and concerns on how the project will proceed. Dave Fett was also in attendance and informed everyone the plans were sent to sewer contractors for bids. The plan is to complete the work in phases. The first phase would be the erosion control, sewer work and the road completed with one coat of blacktop. Next year, after the road has time to settle, the entire road would have the final coat of blacktop. Supervisor Abler thanked Dave Fett for attending the meeting and sharing the details of the project.
4. Implements of Husbandry (IOH) Appointment: Jim Rosenthal II motioned to appoint John Abler the permit issuer, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (4-1). Chairman Thome abstain.
5. Zoning Ordinances compliance with Act 67: Assessor Jeff Sanders and Attorney Matt Parmentier reviewed the Town of Taycheedah's zoning ordinances and complying with Act 67 passed in November 2017. Chairman Thome distributed the breakdown to the Board Members for their review. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler to pass on to the Plan Commission. Motion carried (5-0).
6. Bathrooms in Town Hall: Chairman Thome discussed the accessibility in the women's bathroom for handicapped individuals. Currently there are two stalls which do not make it accessible for wheelchairs or walkers. One option is to change the women's bathroom into a "family" bathroom and remove one of the individual stalls. Information will be gathered regarding the rules and laws with handicapped accessibility.
7. Liquor License Renewals:
Motioned by John Abler, second by Bill Gius to approve Pamela's Bar and Grille. Motioned carried (5-0).
8. Operator's Licenses:
Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Tim Simon to approve the operator's licenses for Joseph Wilson, Joseph Blackburn, Jessica Nash and Pamela Burmeister. Motion carried (5-0).
9. Salute the Troops Half Marathon: Notification was received for the upcoming Salute the Troops 7th Annual Memorial Race on May 26, 2018. A portion of the route will be in the Town of Taycheedah consisting of Hwy 151 (bike trail) to WH (stop/go light), Winnebago Drive to Lakeside Park.
Chairman Thome informed the Board Members of the upcoming information district meeting at the Town of Fond du Lac on June 7, 2018. Once confirmation is received Chairman Thome will notify everyone.
Randy Rieder and Chairman Thome walked through the Gyr pit after a citizen informed the board of possibly being outside the 2-acre reclamation plan. Nothing was found concerning at this time.
Mike Holzman informed the board about a sewer lateral sinkhole by Silica and QQ.
Motion to adjourn by Bill Gius, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:09 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home