Monday, February 12 2018
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
• Approval of Town bills.
1. Affirm raze of accessory structure: W3695 Ledge Road & authorize payment to owner
2. Liquor License & Operator Approval - St. Peter Athletic Club & Thomas Danor
3. Zoning Code B-1 and B-2 review
4. Mt. Calvary Ambulance update
5. Certified Survey Maps
a. Nathan Schneider
b. Darold & Dorothy Treffert
Kennel License Ordinance
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
ROUGH DRAFT...NOT APPROVED
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
February 12, 2018
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder. Treasurer Kathy Diederich was absent.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:05pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler to approve the minutes of the January 8, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated the snowmobile clubs Sno-Bol was canceled due to lack of snow. Boy Scouts used the grounds on Saturday, February 10, 2018 for their Klondike outing. Ski trails have been groomed twice. The rip-rap on Deadwood Beach is complete to alleviate the erosion on the shoreline.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board they are keeping up with the snowplowing. Chairman Thome contacted the engineering regarding Fett's on Ashberry to get an update on the status. Through conversation with Chairman Thome the engineer was made aware the boulevard will be removed.
Review Financial Reports:
The financial reports were not presented as Treasurer Kathy Diederich was out. Clerk Marcoe mentioned that the February settlement will be distributed with the March 2018 bills.
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by John Abler, second by Bill Gius to approve the bills (order #39-75). Motion carried (5-0).
1. Affirm Raze of Accessory Structure: $10,700.00 for raze of structure located at W3695 Ledge Road. Motion by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the distribution of payment to Paul Freund, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
2. Liquor License & Operator Approval: St. Peter Athletic Club and Thomas Danor. John Abler motioned to approve both applications, second by Chairman Thome. Motion carried (5-0).
3. Zoning Code B-1 and B-2: Chairman Thome informed the board that the permitted uses listed, and the conditional use permits required need to be reviewed for districts B-1 and B-2. Bill Gius made a motioned to recommend the Plan Commission review, second by Tim Simon. Motion Carried
4. Mount Calvary Ambulance Update: Chairman Thome met with a couple people from the ambulance committee and checked with additional Town Chairman regarding the rate increase. An annual meeting will take place in September so accurate costs can be included in our budget. A new 2018 ambulance will be purchased. They are keeping their 2012 ambulance and will be selling their 2008 ambulance. The plan is to replace an ambulance every 6 years. The rates increased due to staff raises. Chairman Thome will research obtaining a contract for their services.
5. Certified Survey Maps:
a. Nathan Schneider: Eric Freiberg of ET Surveying spoke on behalf of Nathan Schneider explaining what they would like to do and noted the lot will remain General Ag. Motioned by Tim Simon to accept the CSM, second by Jim Rosenthal II, motion carried (5-0).
b. Darold Treffert: Darold Treffert was in attendance and briefly explained his plan to add another residence to his property. Eric Freiberg of ET Surveying also added information regarding the lot size and the road frontage meeting the requirements. Motioned by Chairman Thome to accept the CSM, second by John Abler.
Kennel License Ordinance: Plan Commission met prior to the Town Board Meeting and approved as it was presented changing it to 3 dogs and 4 cats. John Abler motioned to approve the recommendation from the Plan Commission, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (5-0)
Praise was made how smoothly Randy Rieder has taken over the road maintenance managers position and does an outstanding job.
Speed limit on McCabe Road is currently 45 mph. Concerned residents asking if it can be reduced. Randy Rieder will look into the procedures.
Temporary liquor licenses: Supervisors Abler and Gius gathered information from WTA (Wisconsin Town's Association) and DOR regarding the issuance on frozen lakes. Both stated yes, a license is required due to having jurisdiction on the body of water.
Randy Rieder asked if any board members were interested in the WAPA (Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association) seminar in March. Clerk Marcoe will send an email to the board members inquiring on their attendance.
Motion to adjourn by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 7:37 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home