Monday, October 9 2017
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
Monthly Board Meeting
Monday, October 9th, 2017
7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac, WI
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
• Approval of Town bills.
1. Nett out-lot sale
1. Annual Review of the Snowmobile Trails
2. Kennel license - Robert Schulman
3. Mt. Calvary Ambulance
4. Hwy 23 Project Meetings
a. October 12, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. - Local Officials Only
b. October 12, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. - Public welcomed
5. Village of Rosendale - Lakeside Municipal Court withdrawal
6. Certified Survey Maps
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
ROUGH DRAFT - NOT APPROVED
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
October 9, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Bill Gius to add the following (in bold) to the September 11, 2017 minutes:
Citation Powers: Title 11 - Offenses and Nuisances. Covering Taycheedah Parks and Public Properties noting that other citations within this category will be at the discretion of the Town Board, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated the park has dried up and the mowing is complete for the remainder of the year. Randy Rieder placed gravel on the railroad right-of-way. The donation canister was emptied and funds were turned over to the treasurer.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board final mowing for the year has begun.
Review Financial Reports:
The September financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. There is adequate cash to pay the September invoices. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Chairman Thome to approve the financial report. Motion carried (5-0).
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the bills (order #381-413). Motion carried (5-0).
1. Outlot Sale: Supervisor Jim Rosenthal II discussed with Sam Tobias the outlots owned by Mike Nett. Due to an error in the original publication the lots were not listed as being dedicated to the Town of Taycheedah, therefore Mike Nett can proceed with selling if desired.
1. Annual Review of the Snowmobile Trails: Dale Driscoll, representative of the Holyland Snowflyers Snowmobile Club requested the designation of a snowmobile trail along Taycheedah Way for the 2017-18 season. Motioned by John Abler to add Taycheedah Way to the existing trails, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (5-0).
2. Kennel license: Discussion regarding the regulations and rules of kennel licensing. The Board members postponed to discuss further during the November monthly Town Board Meeting.
3. Mt. Calvary Ambulance: Supervisor John Abler informed the Board there is a staffing shortage. Valders' has expressed interest in taking over this service. There is also discussion regarding the sale of the ambulance. A meeting will be held at the Mt. Calvary Fire House on October 10, 2017 at 7:00 pm.
4. Hwy 23 Project Meetings: Local officials are invited to attend a meeting to discuss the future of WI Hwy 23 on October 12, 2017 at 1:30pm. A meeting open to the public will be held at 5:00 pm. Both meetings are located at UW Fond du Lac in the LGI Room.
5. Village of Rosendale - LMC withdrawal: A certified letter was sent to the Town on September 19, 2017 regarding the Village of Rosendale withdrawing from the Lakeside Municipal Court in 2019. Since this time a follow-up letter was received and no action is needed at this time.
6. Certified Survey Maps: None were presented.
Residents expressed concern regarding bulky waste items. Items were picked up on a timely basis but concrete items were left behind. Board will investigate the validity of these items. Ashberry Drive residents informed Board Members their weekly garbage pickup is not consistent on Mondays. Also witnessed the recycling trucks are picking up both containers and emptying in one truck. Chairman Thome will contact Advance Disposal regarding these issues.
Mike Blank has questions regarding the L&H Gyr conditional use permit regarding the 5 acre reclamation plan. Attorney Parmentier is currently working on completing the final CUP.
Motion to adjourn by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home